Last Modified: May 25, 2018
We are committed to protecting your privacy!
This policy describes how we handle the Personal Information provided to us. For purposes of this Policy, "Personal Information" means information that identifies you or that could reasonably be used to identify you, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, or phone number. We recommend that you read this Policy, which highlights key points about our privacy practices.
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information We Collect
- How We Share Information We Collect
- How to Access and Control Your Personal Information
- Accessing Our Site Globally
The types of Personal Information that we may collect are described in this section.
- Information You Provide When Visiting Neoteryx Site - You do not have to provide Personal Information to receive much of the information available through Neoteryx Sites. However, some of our content and services are available only to identified users and requires you to provide specific information about yourself. This could include:
- Contact Information such as your name, address, phone number, email address, and employer name
- Content you may provide when completing our online forms or engaging in online chat
- Responses to surveys or questionnaires
Information You Share During Your Interactions with Neoteryx - You may contact Neoteryx to ask questions, place orders, apply for employment, or report issues regarding our products. If you communicate with or request information from Neoteryx, you may be prompted to provide your contact information as well as any Personal Information that is relevant to your request. This could include:
- Employment, education and other background information when you inquire about employment with Neoteryx
- Payment information such as banking information, payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address
- Information Collected Automatically - When you use the Neoteryx Site, we may collect certain navigational information which may directly or indirectly identify an individual. Navigational information refers to information about your computer and your visits to this Site such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed.
We may record the Internet Protocol ("IP") address of your computer or other electronic device when you visit the Neoteryx Site. An IP address identifies the electronic device you use to access the Sites, which allows us to maintain communication with your computer as you move about the Neoteryx Site as well as to customize content.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We collect information about your use of the Neoteryx Site through tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons. A "cookie" is a unique numeric code that is transferred to your computer to track your interests and preferences and to recognize you as a return visitor. A "Web beacon" is a transparent graphic image placed on a Web site, e-mail or advertisement that enables the monitoring of things such as user activity and site traffic. These technologies help remember your preferences and allow us to bring you the content and features that are likely to be of greatest interest to you on the basis of "clickstream" data that shows your previous activities on the Neoteryx Site.
To learn more about cookies and other tracking technologies, including how to disable them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that some cookies are essential to the functioning of our Sites and deleting or disabling them will reduce the site's functionality.
- Information Collected From Other Sources
From time to time, we may receive Personal Information about you from third party sources including partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and publicly available sources such as social media websites.
- Information About Children
The Neoteryx Site is not intended for or targeted at children under 18, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 18. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com, so that we may delete the information.
We use your Personal Information for a variety of purposes to add value to your relationship with Neoteryx. We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
- Use of Personal Information
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Neoteryx Site
- Monitor user traffic patterns and preferences for Neoteryx Site improvement, analytics and optimization
- Send information or content which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business
- Create and promote customized offers, information, or services tailored to your interests and preferences
- Improve, develop, and evaluate product, services, materials, and programs. Neoteryx analyzes the information that you have provided, but does not directly identify you.
- Provide other companies with statistical information about our users -- but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- Meet legal requirements
- Manage your orders and invoices, process payments, respond to your questions, and provide the services/products you request with an optimal customer experience
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information [European Economic Area (EEA) Visitors ONLY]
Under European data protection laws, Neoteryx must have a legal basis to process your Personal Information. The legal basis that applies in an instance will depend on which of the specific purposes described above Neoteryx is processing your Personal Information for:
- Neoteryx may ask for your consent to collect and process your Personal Information. Should you choose to provide your consent, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as described in the "Your Privacy Choices" section. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect processing which has already occurred.
- The processing of your Personal Information may be necessary to comply with an applicable law or regulation or for the performance of a contract to which you are subject. You may not be able to opt-out of this processing, or your choice to opt-out may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation otherwise owed to you.
- Neoteryx may process your Personal Information based on Neoteryx’s legitimate interests in communicating with you about our products and services, and about scientific research and educational opportunities. You have the right to opt-out of all such processing of your Personal Data. You may do so by contacting us as described in the "Your Privacy Choices" section.
- Neoteryx may process your Personal Information for the purposes of determining preferences and interests. You have a right to object to automated decision-making and profiling of your information.
- Customer Testimonials and Comments
We may post customer testimonials and comments on our Websites, which may contain Personal Information. We obtain each customer's consent prior to posting the customer's name and testimonial.
- Use of Credit Card Information
If you give us credit card information, we use it solely to collect payment from you. We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
- Security of Personal Information
A variety of security technologies and procedures are used to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. The Personal Information you provide is secured on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. All Personal Information is protected using reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures. However, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party could intercept an Internet transmission, or that someone will find a way to thwart security systems. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting Personal Information over the Internet, especially your financial-related information. Neoteryx cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not gain access to your Personal Information; therefore, when submitting Personal Information to the Neoteryx Site you must weigh both the benefits and the risks.
- Social Media Features
- External Websites
- Public Forums
We offer a publicly accessible blog. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose any information through our blogs, this information may be collected and used by others. We will correct or delete any information you have posted on the Site if you so request, as described in "How to Access and Control Your Personal Information" below.
- Retention of Personal Information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information. We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in "To Unsubscribe from Our Communications" below. If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
We only share your Personal Information with third parties as described below. We do not sell or rent Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Third-Party Advertising and Online Behavioral Advertising
You may be provided with online advertisements of Neoteryx products and services on third-party websites and mobile services that are tailored to you, for example, based on information that you provide to Neoteryx or a third-party website you are visiting, or on your browsing activity, purchases, or interests. These types of tailored online advertisements may come through several sources, such as the following:
- We may share with our advertising service providers your non-identifying information that we have obtained from cookies and other tracking technologies on our Neoteryx Site
- Affiliates, Vendors, and Suppliers
We have relationships with suppliers and affiliated companies, who help us operate our business and for whom it may be necessary to have access to your Personal Information in the course of providing services to Neoteryx. We will not authorize these parties to use your Personal Information for any purpose that is not related to Neoteryx and its related affiliates business operation. We may also share your data with affiliates to offer and provide information about related products and services.
- Corporate Events
If we (or our assets) decide to reorganize or are acquired by another company, whether by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or otherwise, that company would receive all information gathered by Neoteryx on the Websites and the Subscription Service. In this event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your Personal Information, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- Compelled Disclosure
We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
- Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
You have the right to see and get a copy of Personal Information about you that we maintain as well as to ask us to make corrections to inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information about you. You have the right to receive data you have provided to us and to transmit that data to another controller.
You may also request the erasure of your Personal Information or the restriction of its processing, or object to the processing of Personal Information about you. To seek access to Personal Information about you, to file a concern, complaint, or request for correction, or to opt-out of particular programs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send a letter to the following address:
Attn: Data Privacy
421 Amapola Avenue
Torrance, CA 90501
The local Data Protection Authority is responsible for making sure that privacy law is followed in your country. For more information about your privacy rights, or if you are not able to resolve a problem directly with us and wish to make a compliant, contact your country's Data Protection Authority.
In all communications to Neoteryx, please include your email address, the Web site address, and/or the specific Neoteryx product to which you provided Personal Data (e.g., Neoteryx.com), and a detailed explanation of your request. If you would like to delete, amend, or correct your Personal Information and are contacting us by email, please put "Deletion Request" or "Amendment/Correction Request" in the subject line of the email. We will respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner and may need to further confirm your identity in order to process certain requests.
- To Unsubscribe From Our Communications
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of our e-mails or by emailing us at email@example.com or postal mail to Neoteryx, LLC., 421 Amapola Avenue, Torrance, CA 90501 USA, Attention: Data Privacy. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their organization.