In this role you will:
- Plan & prepare production schedules for all products, including raw materials
- Estimate material, equipment, & labor required for finished good production based on current demand & projections
- Partner with Production Lead to coordinate operations in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability
- Promptly address and resolve production issues to minimize delays
- Source materials as needed to correct insufficient capacity situations and/or to satisfy emergency requirements
- Gather information to determine & recommend most efficient & cost-effective Production/QC methods & procedures
- Expedite orders to meet customer requirements and as necessary to meet special customer delivery requirements
- Provide sales and customer service with delivery quotes and/or status on new and/or in process orders
- Work closely with Customer Service and acts as information "link" regarding customer orders and delivery schedules
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate inventory control parameters
- Prepare reports and keeps management informed on delivery & material issues
- Promptly inform relevant departments of changes to current production schedules
- Complete quarterly analysis on finish goods and raw material inventory to ensure turnover rate is optimal
- Help make a smooth transition of new product(s) to Production from R&D or out-source
We are looking for this type of person:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or related field is preferred
- Inventory management; Experience with inventory control and methods to optimize inventory levels
- CPIM accreditation or other relevant certification is advantageous
- Proven experience working as a Production Planner, 3+ years preferred
- Thorough understanding of QA / QC principals
- Strong understanding of ERP systems, process flows. Direct experience with Ascent ERP / Salesforce a plus
- Knowledge of production control, cycle times, production orders, work schedules, master data administration including BOM maintenance
- Knowledge of value stream mapping, analyze bottlenecks, compare plan and actual production performance and suggests proper corrective actions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Must have ability to anticipate problems and willingness to act pro-actively
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Neoteryx LLC, a medical device company in Southern California, delivers simple, quantitative and automatable microsampling solutions. Its Mitra® device facilitates remote specimen collection and transportation of blood and other biological fluids to improve human health, reduce laboratory costs and enable new models of care. Neoteryx’s customers include scientific researchers, laboratories and health providers working to advance telemedicine, pharmaceutical development, biotechnology research and clinical diagnostics. Visit www.neoteryx.com for more information.
Watch this video to learn more!