Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan & prepare production schedules for all products, including raw materials.
- Estimate the amount of material, equipment, and labor required for production for finished goods based on current need and marketing projections
- Partner with Production Lead to coordinate production operations in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability.
- Promptly address and resolve production issues to minimize delays. Source materials as needed to correct insufficient capacity situations and/or to satisfy emergency requirements.
- Gather information from all aspects of Production / QC, determine proper methods & procedures with the most efficient and cost-effective way
- Expedite orders through production to meet customer requirements and as necessary to meet special customer delivery requirements.
- Provide sales and customer service with delivery quotes and/or status on new and/or in process orders. Work closely with Customer Service and acts as their information "link" regarding customer orders and delivery schedules.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate inventory control parameters.
- Recommend viable solutions to reduce production costs as well as improve production processes and product quality.
- Prepare reports and keeps management informed on delivery issues to facilitate any actions to eliminate shortages of materials or behind schedule situations.
- Promptly inform relevant departments of changes to current production schedules.
- Complete quarterly analysis on finish goods and raw material inventory to ensure turnover rate is optimal.
- Help make a smooth transition of new product(s) to Production from R&D or out-source
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or related field is preferred.
- Inventory management; Experience with inventory control and methods to optimize inventory levels
- CPIM accreditation or other relevant certification is advantageous
- Proven experience working as a Production Planner, 3+ years preferred
- Thorough understanding of QA / QC principals
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Resource Management (EPR) systems, process flows. Direct experience with Ascent ERP / Salesforce a plus
- Knowledge of production control, cycle times, production orders, work schedules, master data administration including BOM maintenance
- Knowledge of value stream mapping, analyze bottlenecks, compare plan and actual production performance and suggests proper corrective actions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Must have ability to anticipate problems and willingness to act pro-actively
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Founded in 2014, Neoteryx is a medical device company shaping the future of healthcare. Our breakthrough blood collection technology – VAMS® – is used by pharmaceutical giants, organ transplant patients, researchers in economically disadvantaged regions, and others on the leading edge of science and medicine. When you join our fun, tight-knit team, you’ll discover what one drop of blood can do, and be part of microsampling innovations that will change the world.
Title: Production Planner
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Employee of: Neoteryx, LLC
Job Location: Torrance, CA (USA)
Benefits: Offered for Regular Full Time Employees