seamlessly integrate dried blood microsampling into your molecular lab operations
by Neoteryx, on Jul 28, 2017 5:00:00 AM
Next Generation, Automatable Dried Blood Spot Technology Overcomes Sample Quality Issues
Dried blood microsampling with the Mitra® device, based on volumetric absorptive (VAMS™) technology, affords you the ability to increase lab efficiency by simplifying workflows and to generate meaningful molecular research data that correlates to the serum / plasma gold standard.
Publish Stimulating Research
Update your research tools! Dried blood microsample collection opens up new and exciting opportunities to study populations, biomarkers, and regions that are too costly or too difficult to access with traditional wet blood sampling.
- Greater access to research participants globally
- Mail samples, without cold chain hurdles, directly to your bioanalytical labs
- Inspire industry peers & contribute to global health with groundbreaking studies
Increase Lab Efficiency
Reduce your reliance on bulky freezers while consequently decreasing sample processing time by eliminating sample thawing. DNA and RNA preserved in dry blood microsamples shows excellent stability and can be economically transported to your lab.
- High quality, stable dried blood samples reduce the incidence of reworks
- Automation-amenable Mitra device formats available for isolation and reformatting
- Microsamples ready for immediate processing upon arrival at your lab
- Isolation and purification protocols readily available to reduce method development time
Generate Reliable Data
The CE-IVD, Class I Mitra microsampling device has successfully overcome traditional dried blood spot deficiencies and is proven to be compatible with off-the-shelf DNA / RNA purification and isolation kits so that you can generate meaningful data with just microliters of blood.
- Used successfully in qPCR, Sanger sequencing, RT-qPCR, Next Gen Sequencing
- Volumetrically accurate dried blood microsample data bridges to plasma / serum data
- Device evaluations available and supported by your microsampling specialist